Laboratories involved in Europole Mer Axis 2
Partners in Brittany
Ifremer and European Institute of Marine Studies IUEM (UBO, CNRS, INSU)
- Laboratory of Oceans Physics LPO (UMR 6523), working on oceans and continental margins dynamics : observations and modelling;
In total 25 researchers, lecturers and research engineers, as well as ca. 10 PhD students or post-docs.
European Institute of Marine Studie (UBO, CNRS, INSU)
- Laboratory of Marine Environment Sciences (LEMAR, UMR 6539), working on biogeochemical cycles and marine ecosystems ;
In total 10 researchers, lecturers and research engineers, as well as ca. 10 PhD students or post-docs.
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (IRD, Brest)
- Research unit ECO-UP, working on the coupled modelling of three major east side upwelling systems ;
- LEGOS team in Brest, woeking on large scale equatorial forcings ;
In total 5 researchers, lecturers and research engineers, as well as ca. 3 PhD students or post-docs.
IUEM et Biological Biologique of Roscoff (UPMC, CNRS, INSU)
- Laboratory of Marine Chemistry UMR 7144, working on east side current dynamics, fertilisation processes of continental margins and fluxes of bio-limiting elements in pelagic ecosystems;
In total 5 researchers and lecturers.
The French Hydrographic and Oceanographic Naval Services
- Military Centre for Océanography (CMO), running data acquisition campaigns, and working on developing and implementing models of oceanic circulation for process studies;
In total : 5 researchers and research engineers.
National and international partners
"Global climate" :
Teams from the EUR-OCEANS network : IPSL (James Orr), UNIBE (F. Joos)
"Pelagic ecosystems" :
IRD : ECO-UP Sète (P. Fréon, É. Machu)
"Biological decoding " :
Teams from Stanford, Bergen, VUB
UCSD/SIO2 (P. Franks); UCLA/IGPP3 (J. McWilliams); UCT4 (J. Field)
In total Research Priority 2 gathers 70 researchers and engineers (including 15 listed on the list of excellence)